Ballinasloe Town Hall is operated by the local community and ran by a voluntary committee.
The hall is one of Ireland's finest theatres boasting a 400 seat raked auditorium divided between balcony and stalls. It has a massive fly-in room above a raised stage incorporating trap doors, lighting and spotlight gantries. Full technical details are here.
The theatre hosts local groups including Ballinasloe Musical Society's week long run in March, Ballinasloe Panto's week long Christmas Panto, as well as local drama groups, theatre schools and conference groups.
The building itself is Detached former agricultural hall. It was built in 1845 by lord Clancarty of the Garbally estate to be used by the Farmers' Society at the time. It was later developed into a cinema/theatre and again refurbished in 1990 into a theatre. The town Hall is now leased from the church by the Ballinasloe Town Hall CLG which has overseen the latest refurbishment including a new roof and Foyer. These works received funding from Ballinasloe Council. The company is currently putting together a new programme of events for the coming year and is available for all bookings including TV production and traveling groups.
We are always happy to support other local, artistic and associated organisations.