Ballinasloe Town Hall

The Town Hall was built as the Agricultural Hall in 1842 and was home to the Ballinasloe Union Agricultural Society. The main reason for its construction however was to host the annual meeting of the Royal Agricultural Improvement Society of Ireland.

Today the hall is a theatre and venue and was, in its time, a multi-purpose facility being a dance hall, a cinema and a social club with a billiards room, a card table, a meeting room and a band practice room.

In 1987 following an appeal, a fund raising event took place and with a grant from the state it was remodeled into a theatre and re opened by President Hillary in April 1988.